Tuesday, October 1, 2019

#APicADay 2019: Day 1, Prompt: Low Light

As in years past, I will take a picture each day, and post it here. I have relaxed the rules for myself this year though. In the past I have allowed myself only one shutter release, and I had to decide on the picture prior to taking it. This year I am allowed to take multiple exposures, but I have to use the day's prompt.

Today's image:
Prompt: Low Light
Today's prompt was Low Light. I decided to go out a little after sunset on a walk through my neighborhood, and see what I came up with. This sunflower was intriguing to me. Shot on my Fuji X-T3, XF 18-55 at 55mm, f/4.5, 1/80 s, and ISO 500. Had I taken a bit more time I would have moved my subject lower in the frame to avoid cutting off the top.

I also came up with these using the same camera and lens combination.
30mm, f/4.5, 1/45 s, and ISO 500

55mm, f/20, 1/5 s, and ISO 3200

55mm, f/18, 1/7s, and ISO 3200

26mm, f/7.1, 1/10, and ISO 3200
Unfortunately, I discovered my exposure compensation dial was set to -1 for the duration of my walk except for the last image.

No comments:

Post a Comment