Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Forest Grove Police Log excerpt, 20 November 2019

The selection from the log of local police activity this week is about an apparent adherent of Somnus.
Nov 10
A caller reported an elderly man sleeping on the sidewalk along Pacific Avenue. Officers contacted the man and advised him to move along. Police contacted the same man later in the day after receiving a call about a man lying in the middle of a roundabout. He declined any medical attention and advised he was fine, just taking a nap.
I have enough difficulty sleeping in my bed, that I don't think I'll ever be in the same position as this individual. Nor would I call the police about someone sleeping in public unless it was interfering with my business in an ongoing manner. But I am confused why the man chose to sleep in the center of a traffic circle. That seems an odd place to do anything, let alone nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment