Saturday, April 2, 2022

Quote of the Day: 2 April 2022 #QotD

“[L]istening goes beyond just hearing what people say. It’s also paying attention to how they say it and what they do while they are saying it, in what context, and how what they say resonates within you.” -Kate Murphy
“[L]istening goes beyond just hearing what people say. It’s also paying attention to how they say it and what they do while they are saying it, in what context, and how what they say resonates within you.” -Kate Murphy
[The pup gives me plenty of practice with this. He assumes that if I am in the room with him when he has said something that I have heard and processed what he has said. It doesn't matter if he's under a blanket, facing away from me, and speaking in a low whisper while water is running. I must have understood him.]

No comments:

Post a Comment