Sunday, November 5, 2017

We went to the zoo

Yesterday, my family and I went to the Portland Zoo. This was something I've been thinking about for a couple of weeks. Going to the zoo was one of the activities that my wife suggested I do while she was busy at the conference in Austin. So, with a relatively dry Saturday on offer, we took The Pup to the zoo. This was his second visit, and my first.

Here are a few shots I took while we were there.







None of the animals were very active, save a few of the smaller birds and, surprisingly, the giraffe. The tiger was downright lethargic.

In one of the smaller gift shops in the zoo The Pup saw a plush tiger, and got very excited about it. He was quite distraught that we did not get it for him.

This is only the third zoo I've ever gone to, and the other two are Utah's Hogle Zoo, and the San Diego Zoo. Overall, I'm reserving judgment until I can see the zoo in warmer conditions. It was unusually cool weather here yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment