Wednesday, October 7, 2020

#APicADay 2020: Day 281

 There was not an opportunity for a walk today. Instead, I grabbed a sample from my wife's mineral collection, and headed to my improvised studio.

Today's image:

Fuji X-T3 with XF 18-55 @ 55mm, f/16, 1/250 s, and ISO 160
This is a sample of rainbow obsidian. I think I got the lights positioned so that you can see the variation in color. Toward the bottom there is some purplish color, and it's more blue toward the top. I used a light mostly straight on, but 45 degrees to the right as a fill, and another pointed down at the sample as the key light to illuminate the bands of color in the glass. (It looks flat black if you don't get light into the glass at the proper angle.) I used some post processing to take color out of the background, and added a vignette to put more emphasis on the subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment