Friday, December 1, 2023

Quote of the Day: 1 December 2023 #QotD

“Mankind was my business. The common welfare was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, and benevolence were, all, my business. The dealings of my trade were but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my business!” -Ebenezer Scrooge, _A Christmas Carol_

“Mankind was my business. The common welfare was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, and benevolence were, all, my business. The dealings of my trade were but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my business!” -Ebenezer Scrooge, A Christmas Carol

[As we enter the Christmas season, this is a good thing to remember. It is something we should be mindful year round, but I would prefer any improvement to no improvement any time.]

No comments:

Post a Comment