Saturday, December 9, 2023

Quote of the Day: 9 December 2023 #QotD

“_I_ am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I _alone_ am morally responsible for everything I do.” -Bernardo de la Paz, _The Moon is a Harsh Mistress_
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.” -Bernardo de la Paz, The Moon is a Harsh Mistress
[Ultimately, this is the truth. For everyone, whether they are willing to admit it or not. Most will default to standards of societal behavior, but they could just as easily choose differently.]

No comments:

Post a Comment