Saturday, February 8, 2020

#APicADay 2020: Day 39

We went to the Bonneville Dam on the Columbia River today. Sadly, the rain was too intense to get pictures of the eagles we saw when we arrived, and the fish ladder was down for maintenance. I took some pictures of the alevin in a tank, but it none of these came out very well. I should have bumped up the ISO to increase my shutterspeed and reduce motion blur.
Today's image:
Fuji X-T3 with XF 18-55 @ 19mm, f/4.0, 1/50 s, and ISO 160
This shot of crocuses was what I wanted to go get yesterday, and close to what I envisioned as well. I am getting better at translating my desires to the image I capture. Not all the way there, and plenty of mastery left to achieve, but I am making progress.
I also took these:
Fuji X-T3 with XF 18-55 @ 55mm, f/4.0, 1/26 s, and ISO 160
 There is a fish hatchery that operates right next to the dam. They have these pools of rainbow trout. I could have paid 25 cents to feed them, but I didn't have a quarter with me.
Fuji X-T3 with XF 18-55 @ 32mm, f/4.5, 1/42 s, and ISO 160
 An alternate version of the crocus shot a little ways away.
Fuji X-T3 with XF 18-55 @ 55mm, f/4.0, 1/70 s, and ISO 160
There are daisies like this in the grass of the parks near my home. I only got one in this shot, but they are all over the grass there.

No comments:

Post a Comment