Wednesday, July 8, 2020

What have you been reading?

The log of local police activity, which I would normally run an excerpt from at this time, has not updated since last week. So, I'm asking what you're reading. Go ahead and comment here with the title, and how you're liking it. I'm always looking for the next good thing to read, even though my to read pile grows and grows.
I've just started Range by David Espstein. I'm only a little way into chapter 2. It was a recommendation I received while on vacation almost a year ago. So far, there's nothing revelatory in it. I'll push through and finish, but I won't be recommending it unless it gets quite a bit better.
I have just finished Proven Guilty by Jim Butcher. It's the eighth Dresden Files novel. I put those aside a few years ago, but have quite enjoyed them. This isn't the best exemplar of the series, but it was pretty good. I can recommend you read the first one.
I've also just finished listening to Brotherhood of the Wolf by David Farland, the second in the Runelords series. I don't like this one well enough to continue. I felt that the first made promises that it didn't keep, and felt much the same way about this one. Ultimately, it's just not interesting enough to keep me coming back. And the only reason I listened to this one was because it was available while other audiobooks were not.

No comments:

Post a Comment