Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Book Recommendation: Our Lost Constitution

Last week I read Our Lost Constitution: The Willful Subversion of America's Founding Document by Sen. Mike Lee. I realize that this was published some time ago, but I came across it only recently.


The author has separated his discussion of the constitution into two parts. In the first, each chapter addresses a clause of the constitution, the reasoning that led to its inclusion in the constitution and how that clause has subsequently been undermined. In part two each chapter addresses a method by which the intent of the constitution can be reclaimed from the subversions of the past.

One of my favorite chapters was on the origination clause. I had not realized the extent of the disagreement about representation in the legislative branch, nor how close to terminating the constitutional convention this brought things.

I learned a lot while reading this book, and I highly recommend it to you as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment