Thursday, April 2, 2020

#APicADay 2020: Day 93

There were some interesting clouds out my back window. So, I went on the deck and looked northwest.
Today's image:
Fuji X-T3 with XF 18-55 @ 23mm, f/8.0, 1/170 s, and ISO 160
The dynamic range of these pictures presents a challenge. I can meter for the trees, and blow out the sky, or meter for the sky and under expose the trees, or meter for the scene and blow out the sky and under expose the trees. So, this image incorporates more post processing than most of my images. I ended up bumping up the exposure on the trees using a mask, and placing a grad density filter over the top portion of the sky to knock down the highlights and bring out details in the clouds.
Additional:
Fuji X-T3 with XF 18-55 @ 46mm, f/8.0, 1/160 s, and ISO 160
Similar processing was used for this image.

No comments:

Post a Comment