Friday, April 24, 2020

Trip to Eastern Idaho

My wife's grandmother passed away the first of this month. It was fully anticipated. She had been on hospice care for several months, and we actually expected her to pass away last fall. Prior to her full descent into dementia she had arranged with her son (my father-in-law) for a burial plot near where he lives in Eastern Idaho (she lived with her husband in Highland, CA). Due to the complications of moving a body between states, the burial didn't take place until last Friday. It was important to my wife that she go, and so all four of us packed up, and headed east.
This post is just to share a couple of pictures I took while we were there. I don't post images that obviously indicate we are away from home, but sometimes that means some of my best pictures wouldn't get posted.
This view of the Grand Tetons strikes me every time we go visit my wife's parents. As we were driving by the light was good, so I asked to be dropped off to take a picture. It would be nice to be further away, but the short focal length of my lens means that I have to be close to the barn to have it very visible at all, and that means the view of the mountains is compromised by the hill behind the barn.
This shot, during twilight, illustrates the persistence of winter conditions in the area. The shot was made in mid April, and there is still significant amounts of snow on the ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment