Thursday, May 21, 2020

#APicADay 2020: Day 142

After dinner (tacos, if you must know), I took a brief walk. I forgot to change the battery in my camera, so part way through I had a dead camera. Fortunately, I did find a few things to take pictures of before it gave up the ghost.
Today's image:
Fuji X-T3 with XF 18-55 @ 32mm, f/3.6, 1/550 s, and ISO 160 (cropped)
This image works for me. The tension built by placing the rose off center to the right, and the pulling back of the darker leaf on the left, and the little bud peaking out from behind the rose are the things that jump out immediately to me. Maybe it doesn't work for you, but it does for me.
Fuji X-T3 with XF 18-55 @ 33mm, f/3.6, 1/320 s, and ISO 160 (cropped)
I knew I was going to crop this image when I took it. I centered it in the frame knowing that. However, I had not accounted for the stem running through the bottom right corner. I was able to de-emphasize it in post processing by adding a vignette. Now it is not nearly as distracting as it would otherwise have been. I think the image is overall stronger for that.
Fuji X-T3 with XF 18-55 @ 28mm, f/3.2, 1/180 s, and ISO 160

And foxgloves are in bloom.

No comments:

Post a Comment