Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Forest Grove Police Log excerpt, 27 May 2020

The selection from the log of local police activity this week is automotive in nature and reflects our current odd state of affairs because of the governmental response to the Wuhan Virus.
May 19
A man called the FGPD irate that he had received a citation for expired registration when such infringements are covered under a grace period due to Covid-19. Police kindly explained that the date of sale was in 2016, and that failing to renew four years ago was beyond the scope of the grace period. 
I am also affected by the inability to get some of the necessary services from the state to be able to fully register my vehicle. I did drive on an expired registration for a couple of weeks before I was able to determine the mitigation efforts the state has taken to address that lack. But I certainly didn't try to take advantage of the situation and excuse years of fraudulent behavior.

No comments:

Post a Comment