Friday, January 10, 2020

#APicADay 2020: Day 10

It was another rainy day. So, I went back to the flashes. This time I put them in TTL mode. The placement was about the same as the previous shot. I then set the fill light to have a 2 stop underexposure as compared to the key light. I did go with a fully manual mode for the camera again (I usually shoot in aperture priority.)
Fuji X-T3 with XF 18-55 @ 55mm, f/22, 1/250 s, and ISO 160
I thought this geode would play well with the light. Looking at it now, I probable could have used the fill from below to reach into the geode a little better. The light coming from above causes there to be some shadow in that upper portion of the hollow. I didn't think about that at the time.
Fuji X-T3 with XF 18-55 @ 36mm, f/8.0, 1/250 s, and ISO 160
This was my first shot. I used a 1 stop ratio between the two lights for this shot, and I had a white reflector over on camera left. I think I chose the other one because of the difference in aperture though.

No comments:

Post a Comment