Tuesday, January 14, 2020

#APicADay 2020: Day 14

Weather forecasts for my area today included the possibility of snow, and promised cold temperatures this morning. Since that is different from what I have been shooting lately, I got up "early" in search of frost covered branches. What I found was light flurries of rather small flakes. No frost. Very little accumulation.
Today's image:
Fuji X-T3 with XF 18-55 @ 30mm, f/3.6, 1/17 s, and ISO 160
This rhododendron is in my front yard. I went further afield than that in search of something else, but this was all that caught my eye. Available light and autoISO was giving me a 1/45 s shot at ISO 320, so I gambled with manually selecting ISO 160 and rolling with the 1/17 s shot. In this case it paid off. I thought I was closer to the 18 mm end of the lens than I ended up being, but this handheld shot came out sharp anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment