Monday, January 13, 2020

#APicADay 2020: Day 13

I needed a walk outside the house today to be able to maintain my composure. The light wasn't as good as I might otherwise like, but it was acceptable.
Today's image:
Fuji X-T3 with XF 18-55 @ 53mm, f/4.0, 1/30 s, and ISO 1600
This is one of the few I've successfully manually focused. I do tend to rely on autofocus. I do select the focus point, and I've set the camera up to do back button focusing. Usually I do this in continuous mode rather than single. So, when the camera kept hunting for focus on this shot, I switched to manual, punched in on my focus area with the back selection wheel, and nailed focus. I'm pretty pleased with the result.
This one also came out of the walk today.
Fuji X-T3 with XF 18-55 @ 30mm, f/3.6, 1/45 s, and ISO 320
This shot happened prior to the featured image, and you can see the degredation in the quantity of light as the time wore on. I do like the idea of this shot of rosemary flowers, but the drop on the end of a pine needle worked better for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment