Friday, January 3, 2020

#APicADay 2020: Day 3

Well. Not my best photographic day, but I was able to recover.
I took The pup to the zoo this morning. He's been feeling a little neglected since the second litter arrived a month and a half ago.
I dragged the camera along with me, because why not. In doing so, I managed to knock the drive dial from single shot to advance filter setting, and as a result I was taking black and white pictures. I was sure I was recording RAW, but I still dove through the menu trying to restore things to normal as my viewfinder was no longer showing me a color image. When I eventually figured out what had happened, I assumed that things were back to how I had them set prior to the mistake. Instead, I was no longer recording RAW images, but fine quality jpgs.
I have since fixed things.
Today's image:
Fuji X-T3 with XF 18-55 @ 41 mm, f/6.4, 1/800 s, and ISO 320
These red bows are someone's remaining Christmas decorations.
These other images were also captured today.
Fuji X-T3 with XF 18-55 @ 55mm, f/6.4, 1/60 s, and ISO 250 (Cropped)
This was the point I figured out my camera settings had been messed up, but at this point I was recording both jpeg and RAW.
Fuji X-T3 with XF 18-55 @ 50mm, f/6.4, 1/220 s, and ISO 320
The flamingos were closer to the zoo patrons today because there was less water in their pool than usual. They were also more actively feeding than I had seen them before.
Fuji X-T3 with XF 18-55 @ 29mm, f/22, 1/85 s, and ISO 320
This image required quite a bit of post processing to resolve the sky and landscape exposure differences. But I was able to do it even though I only had a jpeg to work with.

No comments:

Post a Comment