Sunday, January 12, 2020

#APicADay 2020: Day 12

We've had intermittent rain today. That means light conditions are changing rapidly. So, while I was walking, I was struck by the flowers on this shrub I hadn't noticed before. On my way away from my house the light was hard and directional, and on my way back (when clouds had moved in, and a light rain was falling) it was very soft and even.
Today's image:
Fuji X-T3 with XF 18-55 @ 55mm, f/5.6, 1/160 s, and ISO 160
For some reason I had to put my ISO into manual mode (which I probably should be doing more often) or it would select ISO 320 and try to grab a shot at less than 1/200 of a second. There wasn't enough movement to warrant that, so I selected the native base ISO of 160 instead.
Twenty-two minutes later lighting conditions gave me this instead.
Fuji X-T3 with XF 18-55 @ 48mm, f/4.0, 1/60s, and ISO 160
So, one stop less light from the aperture, and one and a third from the shutter speed. So, two and a third stops of light difference in a third of an hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment