Thursday, January 2, 2020

#APicADay 2020: Day 2

Today may have been a good day to break out the speedlights I received for Christmas. I didn't, but it might have been a good idea. Instead I went for another walk around my neighborhood. (I'm using this as an excuse to move around more too.) Again, I just went with what struck me.
Today's image:
Fuji X-T3 and XF 18-55 @ 55mm, f/4.0, 1/80 s, and ISO 320
These daffodils with raindrops were not the first thing that caught my eye. (That was a bit of heather about eight feet away.) But, they were the first to motivate me to bring the camera to me eye. Winter may be different where you live, but here, this is typical of this time of year.
I also grabbed these:
Fuji X-T3 with XF 18-55 @ 55mm, f/4.0, 1/4 s, and ISO 200
 These magnolia buds and rain drops invoked a similar feeling as the daffodils did for me. I spent more time here capturing this image than with the daffodils, but I ultimately liked the daffodils better.
Fuji X-T3 with XF 18-55 @ 18mm, f/6.4, 1/14 s, and ISO 800
I just like the idea of these little libraries. This is not the only one I've seen as I've walked around near my home, but it is the only one that has been maintained well. Several years after I first encountered it, it is still looking nice, and the books inside seem to be dry. Whereas the one that is nearer my home has fallen apart, and grown mold.

No comments:

Post a Comment